Vortex Optics Viper HD 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
The Viper line of binoculars by Vortex Optics are excellent, high-density, crisp resolution binoculars at a reasonable price. They feature components and optics treatments usually seen only in top-shelf binoculars and each pair in the Viper series comes with a very nice standard set of accessories including tethered waterproof optics covers, a padded neck strap, and a carrying pouch on a harness for backcountry travel.
A range of objective sizes and magnifications are available (12×50, 10,50, 10×42, 8×42) and all models feature multi-layer coated optics, waterproof sealing, and are rubber armored for field durability. Whether you are sighting-in artillery in the desert or whale watching along a wet and rocky Pacific northwest beach, these binoculars hold up well and provide excellent resolution even under the most adverse of conditions.
- High-density lens materials (good resolution and color fidelity), extra-low light dispersion glass, excellent clarity across a wide field of view from one edge of image field to the other
- Proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings for low-light conditions (all optical surfaces)
- Dielectric coating (multiple coating layers on all prisms, so you get near 100% reflection and no light loss)
- Phase correction coatings on the roof prism for great contrast, resolution, image clarity, and accurate color representation
- Compact size: Uses a roof prism instead of a Porro prism for a smaller housing
- Waterproof: Has O-ring seals
- Fog-proof: Inner chamber air spaces are argon-purged to remove all moisture before sealing
- Proprietary ArmorTek coatings to protect all exposed optics
- Rubber-covered housing for durability in the field
- Adjustable eyecups for use with or without glasses
- Center focus wheel
- Locking diopters for different users
- Can be mounted on a tripod
What’s in the box?
- Rainguard eyepiece cover that attaches to the neck strap so you won’t drop it.
- Objective covers are tethered so you won’t lose them.
- The GlassPak harness: This is really cool. It’s a padded pouch with mesh accessory pockets on the sides and a mesh zip pocket in back. The pouch is mounted on a shoulder strap harness with waistband for easy carry and protection of the binoculars.
- A padded neck strap is included for casual use.